Thursday, September 18, 2008

My interview with Brenna Lee Roth

This is my interview with Brenna Lee Roth via my other music page (Christian Hardcore News)

Brenna Lee Roth was in Inhale Exhale's video for "A Call To The Faithful". She is the daughter of Van Halen frontman, David Lee Roth, and she's been in quite a few movies. She was nice enough to answer some questions for us. Here's my interview with her.

1. You were in Inhale Exhale's video for "A Call To The Faithful", How did that opportunity come about for you?

The director ask(begged) me to do it. The shoot was in my hometown of canton ohio, i was there seeing family anyhow, so i did it. Turns out that the husband they cast with me is now going to be my real life husband too.

2. Are you personally a fan of Inhale Exhale or any other Solid State Records bands?

I grew up on Ghoti Hook, Craigs Brother, Value Pac, Spud Gun, Traning For Utopia, lots of bands like that...but i never listened to Inhale Exhale until after the video was out. 

3. Who are some of your favorite music artists?

Favorite? Guns and Roses. 

4. I read that you played in a punk band, is your band still active?

Not really. I have a studio in my new house, some friends come over and we write stuff, jam...whatever, but we don't play shows. 

5. What are your religious beliefs and what do you think ok Jesus Christ?

Hum...beliefs is hard to explain. I was raised Mennonite, then (not married) had a baby, the church said I can either get an abortion or get married. I thought that was stupid so i just found a different church. Then i started going to a Christian collage (Malone, Canton Oh) and they told me (after 4 years) that by showing my dead body and half a t** on CSI:Miami that it was sexual misconduct and i should leave. So now i don't like many other Christians...but i am still one.

6. I know you probably get plenty of questions involving your father, David Lee Roth, but I had to ask at least one. You and I are both 24 so we were pretty young at the peak of Van Halen's career. My mother tells me that "Jump" was my favorite song when I was 2 or 3 years old. Do you remember anything about the days when your dad was fronting Van Halen in the mid 80's and what's your favorite Van Halen song?

I've never seen him play on stage...and it's hard to tell if i liked his music or not when I was little because if it came on the radio, he wouldn't say "this is me". 

7. What got you interested in being an actress?

None. Haha. No, I just found something I was great at and thank God I can make money doing it, because don't know how to do anything else.


8. You've been in horror movies, worked for the horror channel, and even produced a documentary about how culture affected horror movies in the 70's, is that correct? How did you develop such a passion for horror films?

Hum...I don't know. Actually, I don't really like horror movies. They scare me. I am just friends with all the people that make them, so when i made GrindHouse Glory (doc) i just went around and interviewed all my friends. 

I do some drama sometimes. I just finished a TV show called "The Kill Point", I was in Spider Man 3, Miami Vice, Law and Order, CSI:Miami, and now i am in K-Ville and a comedy feature called "Adventureland" by the guys that made "Superbad".

9. You're young and ambitious, what goals do you hope to accomplish in your career?

Um...i don't really have career goals. I only have family goals. I want to get married to an amazing man, and have more kids. I don't even know what else there is in life if you don't have that.

10. Are there any movies or projects you are currently working on?

A few...I just finished "heavy mental" where I play a girl that hates metal so i kill everyone in metal bands. and another movie called Dog. I start filming this week, I play a girl that ownes a sk8 shop.


Thank you very much, Brenna!

No comments: